The department works in four areas:
- Supporting strong (mostly non-profit) organizations in Red Deer;
- Building community;
- Social research; and
- Connecting government, for-profit, and non-profit organizations.
My major role is to consult with individuals and organizations who operate, or are starting to operate, social programs in the City. This can include various forms of organization (e.g., social enterprise, non-profits), different social challenges (e.g., homelessness, poverty), and different levels of capacity (e.g., early stage organizations in the start-up phase). Overall, my role is to play a major role in the city to make the city socially stronger, inclusive, and vibrant.
If you would like to contact the Social Planning department, its contact information is:
- Phone: 403.342.8100
- Fax: 403.342.8222
- Email: socialplanning [at] reddeer [dot] ca
- Physical Address: 500, Professional Building (4808 50th Street), Red Deer, Alberta
- Mailing Address: Social Planning, The City of Red Deer, PO Box 5008, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 3T4
My work contact information is:
- Office phone: 403.342.8349
- Address: [see above]
- Twitter: @agoodwinrd (personal Twitter account)
If you have any questions about my role, the Department, or City, please do not hesitate to contact me or leave a comment below!
[Note: Blog posts, comments, replies, ideas, or content posted on this blog do not represent The City of Red Deer, Council, and/or my division/department. The views expressed on this blog are my alone.]