Introvert Bucket List: Updated as of February 2015
by Adam Goodwin | 2015 | Last Updated: February 20, 2015
Introvert Bucket List
As an introvert in an extroverted world, for the past several years, I have been compiling an introvert bucket list (see an early version by clicking here), in addition to my larger bucket list (click here for the December 2014 edition). This list is meant to illustrate some of the mystique of being and behind introverts.
This is a dynamic and living list. If you wish to add something, please comment below!
- If a university/college student, run for a position on the student council/executive/office of a student group/club (sent in by a reader – thank you!);
- Teach the world the power of introverts;
- Teach the world it is okay to be an introvert;
- Initiate many social activities;
- Meet Susan Cain (an introvert ‘expert’);
- Just go crazy;
- Get a career in public events;
- Be shy (as this is a common misconception) (sent in by a reader – thank you!);
- Get out a lot during the week (sent in by a reader– thank you!);
- Be the one to initiate a social event;
- Really, really enjoy a phone call;
- Truly enjoy an interruption when deep in thought;
- Just speak what is on your mind (don’t think first);
- Reveal everything you know;
- Not change anything about you (sent in by a reader – thank you!);
- Don’t stop being you;
- Being centre of attention;
- Be more outgoing;
- Give hugs (sent in by a reader – thank you!);
- For one moment, truly feel: this gathering needs a lot more people;
- Stay until the very end of a party/social gathering;
- Think out loud; and
- Get your energy from those around you for one event.
What do you think? Have something to add? Like the list? Hate the list? Let us know by commenting below or sharing on social media (@adam13goodwin on Twitter)!
Your Call to Action
What ‘un’-introverted thing have you done recently? Feel free to add to the list by commenting below!
Based on your reading of this blog post, you may also be interested in: Adam Goodwin’s Bucket List.
These are one person’s thoughts and opinions. We welcome your feedback and own thoughts. Feel free to comment below or connect with us via social media.
Adam Goodwin is a Canadian who has lived and worked in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North America, who is currently attending one of the world’s best sport management programs at the University of Windsor. He is a proud introvert and silent leader. He has traveled to 50 major global cities around the world, and has worked with universities, non-profits, consulting firms, and sport organizations. He has family and friends around the world. Follow his travels, work, projects, and thoughts on Twitter (@adam13goodwin) and on this blog (click on the bottom right-hand corner to sign up for weekly email notifications).