I am a firm believer in using reflection. I always wonder what people mean when they say they have really never done anything fun or cool. Frankly, I don’t believe them.
If we stopped and thought about life instead of living life through a TV/computer, I think we would realize the amazing things humans accomplish on a daily basis.
Without further adieu, I have reflected on some things I am very happy about from Summer 2013, in no particular order:
- Married my sister and brother in law;
- Moved overseas;
- Went on a road trip in the U.S.A. to see the Oregon Coast, Mt St Helens, the Grand Canyon, and the bridges of San Francisco;
- Help my brother grow and develop Okanagan Elite Athlete;
- Had a perfect day;
- Had to perform first aid several times and got re-certified;
- Made progress on my biggest project ever;
- Planted a seedling (baby tree);
- Volunteered for the Kelowna Community Food Bank;
- Eat ice cream for breakfast; and
- Read 14 books in 12 weeks.
There are many, many more. I selected only a few that were at the top of my mind as I was writing this blog post.
Your Call to Action
Spend a few moments or days and think about how amazingly awesome your summer 2013 was for you! You’ll be amazed at what some reflection can do in terms of personal growth. Feel free to share below by commenting or on social media.
I welcome and strive to get your feedback and own thoughts. Feel free to comment below or connect with me via social media.
Adam Goodwin is a Canadian working in the United Kingdom. His parents currently work in Cairo, Egypt. He has siblings and distant family in Canada. Follow his year overseas on Twitter (@adam13goodwin)!