I was reading a book the other day and found some interesting facts and stats about Canada.
What Canada is not
- Engaged citizens – very low voter turnout in elections and we weren’t even in the top 15 relatively of protests against the War in Iraq in 2003
- Environmentally concerned – we are very low on public transport use and cycling/walking to work. We are one of the biggest users of coal power
What Canada is
- Diverse – a significant part of Canada’s population is made up of immigrants (read a further blog on this, Made in China)
- Convenience – we are 2nd in terms of fast food outlets in the world
- Paid well – those with good job, are compensated among some of the highest levels of the world
I welcome and strive to get your feedback and own thoughts. Feel free to comment below or connect with me via social media.
Through this blog (Adam Goodwin’s Blog 13), I am trying to help connect individuals and organizations with content, ideas, and services that can enable themselves to change the world. Join me today to continue to better the world and this generation.