Recently, I presented at the Canadian Conference on Student Leadership – hosted by UBC in Kelowna, BC from March 7-9, 2013.
To get a bit of a rundown of the presentation, see these notes on my presentation called “Supervising 20,000 Youth.”
- We Day Vancouver 2012: Magic Johnson, Desmond Tutu, Spencer West
- Told two days before told I would be a team lead;
- How do you prep for helping lead 700 people on two days notice for an event in a five storey building
- Simplify and back to basics
- Fail to plan, at least plan to fail
- How do you find out what motivates your followers with two days notice and when you only have a three hour training session with them
- Training – the only time you have to say to the group what you want to get across
- Take care of your followers
- Culture that is open to questions
- 3 lessons:
- If you are a leader it is about your followers – as Marc Kielburger reinforced
Adam is President and Co-Founder of one3ag. You can connect with Adam by: Twitter (@adam13goodwin); Email (firstname.lastname@example.org); Web (www.adamkgoodwin.com); In-person. You can connect with one3ag by: Twitter(@one3ag); Email(email@example.com); Phone(250.870.3067); and Facebook (facebook.com/one3ag).